Saturday, March 20, 2010

We were able to locate a stroller....hopefully one that will accommodate the every growing Hannah! It has the option of a sit-n-stand and also allows me to see baby in the carrier...many models have the baby in front and toddler in back.... I am hoping it will suit our needs. I have tried it out with a toddler and preschooler and it seems to fit them just fine.

Lately, I have been having difficulty with Hannah's plight. I am happy she is able to get around in her braces and it does not stop her from "Hannah do it." I am just concerned once baby arrives just how many hands I will have to care for 2 children. Hannah needs help with climbing which usually means I carry her (out the front door, onto her chair, etc.) The struggle for me is that I KNOW she is capable of doing all of these things WITHOUT the braces and it scares me to think I will not be always readily available to her once baby arrives. I know having a baby in the house will be an adjustment anyway, but as with everything else, it is the unknown that is frightening.

At times like this, I wish I could rely more on family and friends to lend a hand, but this is not possible for us right now. I pray for a break from this stress and hope that our next ortho appointment at the end of April will show that Hannah's Blount's Disease has made progress. I want to see the "light at the end of the tunnel." I want to know that she will not be wearing these until she is 8 years old and ready for surgery.

Continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue to adapt to the changes ahead and hope for good news.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job. I feel your anxiety...all I can say is take one day at a time. We pray that things move along quickly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember (and I know it is hard sometimes) the Lord will never give you more than you can handle. Think about how much this is making you grow as a mom. You can do this. You are doing a great job raising Hannah. She is a wonderful, intelligent little girl. Don't always dwell on the future. Live in the present and appreciate what you have now. A husband who loves you. A beautiful daughter and another on the way. A home, a car, food on the table, heat in your house. Sorry I didn't mean to get preachy, but I wanted you to know that I love you and so have so many wonderful things to be positive about. :)

    ReplyDelete