Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband and daughter of which I am so thankful. We were able to spend the day with my in-laws who are wonderful. It helps all of us to be distracted so that we can forget about the braces, even if only temporarily. Our daughter seems to have a new bedtime routine of throwing everything out of her bed, crying, hitting, yelling and then finally calming down! She had not taken a nap today, but was in pretty good spirits because she got to spend time with Grandma and Great-Aunt Diane who made her some pretty cool bloomers to wear under her dresses.
I also realized just how important it is for me to get away from it all, even if only for a few hours. This gives me time to re-energize and appreciate her more. She went to sleep very well for me tonight WITH the braces ON...and in her own bed!!! Yeah! (Apparently, I missed the fuss just prior to my returning home!...Poor Daddy!)
We also received her new rubber over the shoe boots today. We were lucky to have found a place out of New York, The Camping Station, which still sells these boots in her size! We did have difficulty, as expected, putting them on (rubber shoes in rubber boots is a no go). We anticipated they would be difficult to get on...(I remember my own mother putting them on me as a young child and it was at times painful!) However, thanks to the advice of my wonderful Aunt Diane, we were able to place one of my nylon stockings over her shoe that enabled the shoe to easily slide into the rubber boot! Yeah! We are slowly learning the ins and outs of our new routines thanks to the help of our wonderful family and friends as well as trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment